Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's Just A Car

A colleague and I were just discussing how differently vehicles are viewed from inside the business compared to how folks outside the business view them.  I'm still new enough to the car world that I still remember how I felt, and am somewhat in touch with how my viewpoint is changing.

I'm still a baby.  With baby soft skin.

In the car business, each vehicle really is just a car.  (Or a truck-- as a TM I tend to call vehicles trucks, regardless of their actual body style.  But when speaking of generic vehicles in a dispassionate way, I call them cars, because the word truck has magic to it.)  That is, it's replaceable, modifiable, fixable, negotiable.  No vehicle is impossible to adjust. 

Stun ---- Kill.  Adjustable, capiche?


You like this GL450 but it has a scratch?  We can fix that.  Our mobile paint service (and dent guy, if need be), can deal with it.  If we fix that scratch, can we make a deal?


This Ram 2500 is great but you want heated seats?  We can put them in.  If we did that, would we have a deal?


The Range Rover's windshield needs replacing.  No problem.  Let's write it up subject to replacing the windshield.  The Ford Escape needs new tires.  We can do that if we can make a deal today.


You're looking at an ad for our Toyota FJ Cruiser?  It just sold-- those things fly off the lot. But we can locate another one for you in probably 5-6 days.  Our Locate Service is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment