Sunday, January 31, 2010

Extended Warranties



Why do I advise customers to strongly consider purchasing an Extended Warranty?  I do it because it offers very practical protection for people I've come to care about.  The idea is that by purchasing an Extended Warranty you have fixed costs for your vehicle, rather than taking the risk of surprises and unanticipated bills.

My philosophy of extended warranties is that I strongly advise them on any items that you interact with physically on a regular basis.  I don't put them on things I hang on my wall, like a TV, but I do put them on things I'm handling or using physically-- like a vehicle.  My view is that buying insurance on reliability is a wise move when it comes to vehicles, which are complex combinations of parts which undergo severe stress in the normal course of usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment