Sunday, December 27, 2009

Presenting By Listening

When presenting a vehicle as part as the sales process, the Truck Merchant wants to err on the side of the taciturn.  My view is that less is more; rather than garrulously chattering on about the many characteristics  of a given vehicle, I'd like to focus what I say on the items that matter to the customer in question.  Engine size might be of no consequence to one customer, so I don't say anything about it to them.  On the other hand, another customer might have the engine size as a crucial point, so we discuss that in some detail.

The point is that just like we narrow Selection of the vehicle itself down from a large number of choices, I try to ensure that my Presentation of vehicle features contains a Selection process.  That's the number one job of a Truck Merchant:  helping the customer select the right vehicle, with the right features, for their needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment