Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rolling Ram



The Ram I mentioned just below rolled off the lot yesterday, taking its new owner on an immediate ~1500km drive.  One of the things of most importance for us Truck Merchants is making sure the customer is taken care of throughout the selection and buying process and right on throughout their ownership of the vehicle.  In this particular case I was very pleased to be able to help my new friend out with a few housekeeping matters including a bank visit and picking up his truck from the OK Tire store across the street where we'd arranged for him to purchase the new tires he wanted.  He was in haste due to work commitments, so while he filled out the last paperwork I did gofer duty.

I find it really satisfying to serve customers in this way.  As in most relationships it seems to me that small behind-the-scenes gestures of genuine concern speak loudly about the actual level of commitment a person has.  It's easy to talk about "Dedicated Personal Service", and I advertise that, but when I get a chance to tangibly take action that demonstrates that priority, I feel great about my work.  I think my customer appreciated it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment