Monday, April 12, 2010

2006 Suzuki SV 650, 2000 Honda Civic SE

The 2006 Suzuki SV 650 continued the line of benchmark bikes that Team Yellow began in 1999.  Still generally rated as possibly the best overall street bike in anything like its price range, the SV gives riders of every level of experience a fantastic time.

The world of motorcycles is much, much smaller than the world of four-wheeled vehicles.  There really isn't a similar car (or truck) that so close-to-universally dominates the 'Recommended' category.  However I would personally advance the suggestion that the Honda Civic comes close.  I've been driving a 4-door 2000 Civic SE since new, and it just passed 10 years of service. I've only put a paltry 129000 kms on it, but I drive it everywhere and am a fairly... aggressive... driver much of the time.  I've never had the slightest problem with the car mechanically. For the first five years or so I was fairly rigorous with scheduled maintenance; as time passed I relaxed more and more on that until at this point I add oil when the oil light goes on and fuel when the fuel light goes on.  The car just keeps on going, and has no trouble keeping up with and blazing past traffic on my daily 30-ish minute commute.  I've just started experiencing a little squeak in what I think is the steering column; the poor thing is due for some TLC but I'm so used to it requiring no attention whatsoever that I'm still a little sceptical that it could be needing anything at all.

Anyway, here's to 10 years of reliable, trouble free transportation from a great little car.

No comments:

Post a Comment